Monday 28 February 2011

Surprisingly good game on very cheap mobile

Because of the massive problems with Vodafone this morning I went out and bought a very cheap Samsung  GT-E1150i on TMobile at lunchtime because I need a working mobile for work, and of course my main mobile is network locked to Vodafone, so I can't just pop in a different SIM.

Anyway.  While waiting for a package manager update to install on a linux box (yawn) I had a fiddle with the new phone and discovered that even though it's really really cheap (£12) it has apps, and even games!

There's Suduku, which I am awful at so didn't even attempt, and Super Jewel Quest - an actually rather good version of the classic Jewels game.



Indiana Jones and the cheap mobile phone game? 

Sure, you end up squinting because the screen is tiny, but it actually plays really well.


It's a classic game of match at least three-in-a-row of the same colour, and it does appear to be a bit on the easy side, at least to begin with, but it's a nice little distraction, and I really wasn't expecting anything on this phone other than voice and text.

Now, if I can just get Angry Birds onto it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Concatenating CSVs the easy way

I was recently asked how to 'merge' a few CSV files into one, and if there was a script or tool that could do that. Lets say you h...